A special delivery

A special delivery
...and so it begins!

Friday 4 March 2011

Don't anyone dare call them radiographers...

I've just had a flashback to being 13 years old and suffering writers cramp from scribbling "I must not close the window on Bryan Queen's back" 200 times with a leaky Bic, in Mr Montgomery's detention class. The reason - I've just sat and written the ten digit numbers into 48 copies of Cloud Atlas. In this technologically advanced world of mobile phones, netbooks, laptops and touchscreen apps, we seldom sit down and write with pen on paper. As well as reminding people of the joys of reading, World Book Night may remind us of the joys of ink and fully utilised opposable thumbs.

The plan in all of its finalised glory
A - antique Dealer B - bookseller (if that's not too ironic) C - chocolatier D - dentist E - estate agent F - florist G - graphic designer H - herbalist I - ice cream seller - jeweller K - kennel worker L  - local government officer M - museum guide N - nurse O - optician P - pharmacist Q - quantity surveyor R - radio presenter S - social worker T - tailor U - undergraduate V - vet (canine, rather than vietnam) W - wine merchant  X  - X-Ray technician (don't anyone dare call them radiographers!!) Y - youth worker Z - Zizzis waiter.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, love your distribution plan. So far I have been advertised in the window and by email to customers of my favourite boutique in Kings Heath in Birmingham. I plan to park me and the books there and give them out to customers and then go to the local shops and cafes, also of course talk to people on the street. Would like to have been in London tonight but hey ho.....all the best for tomorrow - Sharon March

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon

    I like your idea - the people who like the boutique you like, kind of simpatico.

    My plan all relies on my ability to find that x-ray technician. Xylophone players appear to be in short supply in the North East.

    Enjoy tomorrow!! S

    ReplyDelete