A special delivery

A special delivery
...and so it begins!

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Blackwell's Books

After thwarting a traffic warden with my impenetrable logic, dodging impatient students on cycles and being harangued by an inebriated Scotsman, loitering by the Civic Centre, 9.00am Wednesday the 2nd March found me outside of Blackwell Books in Newcastle to collect my 48 copies of Cloud Atlas.

I usually buy two or three books at a time. They fit neatly into a Waterstones or Blackwell Books carrier bag. It's obvious now, but I really should have given more thought to how I would transport 48 books from an establishment, that I'm unable to park outside of. I thought about giving the Scotsman a shout to help out.... but he was too busy haranguing students on cycles. Hurrah for synchronicity with a dose of schadenfreude.

It's the start of an ill-conceived venture to distribute David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas as part of World Book Night on Saturday the 5th March.

I have a plan... I might explain more of it shortly.

4 comments:

  1. your books look great, I want mine!!!!
    I will follow your adventures; curious about your plan, you seem quite mysterious about it!
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em. I'm building up the suspense! I'd be interested to hear if your books, when you get them, have the web identifier already printed on the back page, or if you have to write it in yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to write it in yourself. I am not sure if you access the numbers on the website or if you receive them by email though. I still have to figure this one out!
    I guess that until I get my books I won't really feel concerned with the number.
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog, Steve, how it looks, how it feels and that it is you - Excellent stuff!

    ReplyDelete